Update on Dreamspinner Issues Sept 3 2019

Update on the DSP Issue, but before you read, PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU HAVE CANCELED YOUR PREORDERS FOR HEARTSONG AND/OR BROTHERSONG.

(If you have no idea what’s going on, please refer to the blog post previous to this one which will explain the ongoing issues.)

Tough decision time, and I'm sick because of it: I haven't heard back from Dreamspinner yet on releasing the Green Creek books (office was closed for Labor Day--oh the irony). From what I understand, it takes up to 30 days for titles to come down from where they are currently posted.

Which means that at the earliest, I won't be able to release Heartsong until some time in October. If I were to stick with Brothersong at its December release date, it would only give Heartsong two months to stand on its own.

That's not fair to the book. I worked my ass off on Heartsong. Yes, I know everyone wants to read Carter's book. I get that. But Heartsong is just as important, and I'll be damned if I'm going to let the story be overshadowed by a super short release window.

Which brings me to one of the hardest decisions I've had to make in my publishing career: I'm pushing Brothersong's release date back until next summer. August, to be specific. I have two books coming out with Tor in March/May, and I *have* to focus on those.

If by some chance Heartsong comes down immediately and I can meet the Sept 24 deadline, then things might change, but it is not looking likely. Please know I don't make this decision lightly. I am tired. I don't have it in me to be *on* all the time.

Publishing two big books within 3 months of each other wrecked me. Trying to do it in a shorter time would make things worse. I know you want Brothersong. But I'm asking you to give me time so I can show you why Heartsong will matter just as much as Carter's book. More news to come when I have it. Thank you for your patience!

tj